For maximum enjoyment . . .
1. You MUST PICK THEM YOURSELF, on the hottest summer days, preferably over 90 degrees with lots of humidity, in the sun.
2. Cover up well in long sleeves and long pants to make it more challenging for mosquitoes to bite through to skin. (Not impossible, just more challenging.)
3. One for the basket, two for the mouth.
4. Pray for a breeze to start up.
5. Knock basket over in the dirt at least once.
7. Use shirt sleeve to constantly blot the sweat running into your eyes.
8. Blow out the gnat that went up your nose.
9. Re-cover the bushes (to foil the robins sitting on the fence waiting to swoop in).10. Make haste to the house, fill big bowl with warm berries, top with a generous dollop of cold creme fraiche
And give thanks
that there are such a wonderful thing
as raspberries in the world!