Thursday, July 6, 2023

Sorry, I Needed a Break

Sorry, I Needed a Break 

  I think it’s called ghosting these days, and honest — I didn’t mean to do that! 
It’s just that recent journeys and adventures have been inward, physical, and nothing others would find that entertaining. 

  We had the most wonderful, unusual, long spring, much cooler than normal, when we should have been out traveling, hiking, camping, etc.  But no. Instead, for months every week it was a steady round of disappointing doctors’ appointments, tests and procedures, repairmen in, under, and over our home (with accompanying large bills), rush trips to Florida to assist my mom, sad events for my children, 
                 and, well … you know … stuff.

  Perspective, along with my sense of humor, dwindled to myopic, and with them 
          P.O.O.F.,
               away went my desire to write.  

But hey, as my mom always said: It could be worse! Most of the house repairs are finished and we have finally gotten the right doctors with some answers. We are both doing physical therapy and staying hopeful about avoiding the more drastic options.  The Writer is writing (tv/movie script), I am drawing/painting/knitting, Frank is franking and Bob is bobbing, and life goes on! 

Hope all is well with you and you are still speaking to me. 😊

Sending love and light . . . .  

Summertime, South Carolina

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Cynthia. It’s good to see you and to know that all is well - well, mostly and for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody big melons.
    Good to know officially that your mother is doing well.
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's just difficult to get yourself cranked up and in the game. You had some challenges in your life lately. We want you back

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to hear from you Cynthia. Wasn't this the most wonderful spring! It was the same here, in fact, we had our first 90 degree day last week. Spring just went on and on and it was wonderful .Boy have things changed. Been in the 90s all week and it is hot and dry here. Glad you and the Writer are both well and busy, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia, I was wondering if all was well with you over there, so glad it's been sorted out by the sounds of it.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I retired I decided I was never going to follow schedules again, but was going to do what I liked, when I liked. So blog if you feel like it and if you don't.....It's good to hear that your head is bobbing above the surface of life's tribulations at last. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see your name popping up. It is difficult to become motivated with all that life throws at us .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you are ok and just busy with "stuff" good to hear that Bob is still bobbing and Frank is franking:) We are knee deep in Dr appointments too...I am taking my Mom to all her appointments now as her memory is not so great. We have to take the bus because of the wheel chair so every appointment takes 3 to 4 hours out of my day. I am going to shut off my phone and hibernate one day soon:) Hang in there one day at a time! Movie/tv script...I suppose you cannot tell us more:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wondered what had happened to you but thought you might be dealing with some sad news and had to take a break. Glad to see you back and commenting again. There are times I feel like I'm sharing the same stuff or don't want to share what's happening. So been there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you back. I was hoping it wasn't a serious health issue. Hopefully you are both on the mend or at least be able to deal with it. Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging or life is too boring to write about. (like mine) Come and go as you please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. เว็บ สล็อต ออนไลน์อันดับ 1 ในทวีปเอเชีย เป็นเว็บออนไลน์ ที่ดีเยี่ยมที่1ของไทย ระบบน่าไว้วางใจ pg slot เล่นได้ จ่ายจริง ไม่มีต่ำ ฝาก-ถอน เร็วทันใจเล่นง่ายไม่ยุ่งยาก ทำเงิน ได้จริง

    ReplyDelete