1. The plantation house in my last post was given to the state along with the land that once
made up the rice plantation.
The house is empty but maintained by the park service
and tours are available.
Someday they plan to furnish it inside as it once was.
2. On Christmas Day we went to the beach for a picnic and a walk. We thought there might be no one else there but a surprising number of people were out enjoying the beautiful weather. And the people watching was superb! There were children in bathing suits running in and out of the water and there were other people bundled up in parkas and boots!
a man riding a Segue,
a heavily-laden shrimp trawler low in the water and
heading home with the catch
Gulls hoping for a handout from our picnic basket
3. The only Christmas snow in South Carolina ...
4. The roses and camellias blooming in front of our house ...
5. Rosie's favorite Christmas present -- boxes with paper!
6. In case you haven't heard this version of the Christmas story ...
My grandma always said that you should leave no projects unfinished
going into the new year. Something about you would be
behind in your work all the next year if you left a basket of ironing or a crochet project incomplete.
So there, 2016 on my blog is tidied up and ready for a calendar change!