Sunday, March 2, 2014

Summer Dreams in a Vase

    Once again it was -19F the last couple nights (-28C), and those kind of temps make Minnesotans do rash things.




I spent the grocery budget on flowers, and I am not one bit sorry!
 
So elegant and uplifting, how could I resist?

Then I got a little carried away and this pot also made its way into my cart.  For later.  :-)
 
"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul." 
       Luther Burbank
 
See?  Quite a bargain at any price!




7 comments:

  1. You are quite right. Anything that can brighten up the day must be a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers and a great quotation. I bought several hyacinth plants and placed them in the kitchen. Their fragrance was so evident – it made the atmosphere so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I too buy flowers to lift my spirits. We used to have any convenience stores that would sell a bundle for a song but those days seem to be gone. Nonetheless I still like to buy flowers and yours are very nice. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful plants and flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what better way to brighten up a cold winters day than with beautiful flowers.
    Have a wonderful week, and thank you for stopping by my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete