Monday, December 16, 2013

Come On In!

    I love a peek into other people's homes, especially at Christmas time, so I thought I would share a visit into mine. It's almost ready for company, which starts arriving on Thursday.
    I have always had a real evergreen tree, usually one I grew myself, but after several cat-related disasters that involved breaking quite a few of my old ornaments, I thought I'd try something different.  Thinking that maybe it was the scent of fresh pine that was too much temptation for Rosie, I thought I'd try deciduous.  So I decorated three deciduous "trees," all up off the floor at least a bit from cat height.

                                                                                 I've already removed balls from the lower branches, but now she is studying just how to attack the higher ones.
 

                                                                   This one is in the kitchen and I call it the acorn tree.  It has one very special non-acorn ornament on it, which you will see in the next photo.
                                                                                 It's a Santa made from a milkweed pod!  It was sent to me by a blogger friend, Far Side, and I love it.  She made 67 of these for family and friends. 

                                            I love to decorate for Christmas, mostly with old things and things from outdoors.  This is the first Christmas of my retirement, the first time I've had time to do much decorating in years.  It's been so much fun!
Thanks for reading my blog.
 
Joining with Our World Tuesday  http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

22 comments:

  1. Very nice! Enjoy your company and have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy kitty and lovely decorations for the season!! Great captures for the day!! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each tree is so creative and beautiful ~ love the photo of your cat ~ absolutely lovely! ~ thanks, carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful decorations for Christmas. Oh dear! Did the cat manage to get up to those high branches and ornaments! Cats can be fun but so destructive sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love absolutely love the acorn tree. I'm craft/artistically challenged, but I think I could do maybe make those ornaments. We have a lot of acorns near where we stay in Oregon in the summer/fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine your house is just so inviting with all those decorations everywhere. I hope you manage to keep the baubles out of the cat's reach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love those wonderfully simple, charming decorations and the photo compositions are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for inviting me in. Your home is so charming, any guest would feel comfortable, and will enjoy your Christmas decorations. Boo boo Kitty better watch out, or she won't get any catnip in her sock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your smaller trees! Easy to put up and take down! I am so glad you like the ornament:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming, elegant tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to see how others decorate for the holidays too Cynthia! Your trees are so pretty and really cozy up the space. Love the idea of decorating with acorns! Nature always makes the best ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for inviting us into your home. You have done a great job decorating. Glad you are enjoying your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great. Different Christmas tree having decoration...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that cat is planning some for of badness!

    I also think a bear in my garden may be just a bit too exciting!!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  15. The decoration of your home is lovely. Thank you for letting us see it. We also have cats so I understand how tempting it is for them to come and catch something on the tree. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice looking the tree! Have a merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your trees. I saw one the other day somewhere and thought it was a great idea.
    Have a wonderful Christmas, and thank you for stopping by my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the most original Christmas trees of all that I've seen on other blogs. This was so much fun! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cynthia, I love your adorable Christmas trees, and so does sweet Rosie.

    Wishing you and Rosie a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just delightful! I've moved several ornaments, little dweeb cats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your tree ideas. I did not put up a tree this year as we would not be home for Christmas and we have three young cats who love to climb and play all over the house. Sure enough, my poinsettias were quickly shredded and had to be discarded long before Christmas so it was quite wise to forego the tree. Maybe next year I'll steal your idea.

    ReplyDelete