Wednesday, December 4, 2013

'Snow Event' -- Say What?

   According to the weatherman, we are having a "snow event".  I think that is weatherman-speak for "It's gonna snow but I have no clue how much.  I want to get everyone all worried so they will tune in to my weather report."  The term is new and it irritates me.  Snow in Minnesota in December is ho hum.  Happens every year. 
   This is what it looked like in the back garden this morning.
Do you see the size of those flakes?  It's several inches deep now and still snowing.  But it's not an "event"!  It's just winter in Minnesota.

Mason and I are warm and busy indoors.  He is eating and sleeping and smiling, his latest trick.  I have a mushroom and cheese pie baking and when I have a minute, I'm working on a Christmas present.  Later on when the snow stops, I'll have some shoveling to do.
Because that's what we do in December in Minnesota.
 
Thanks for reading my blog.  I love to read your comments!

10 comments:

  1. Those snowflakes do look huge but Mason seems quite cosy and content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful way to spend a snowy day. I love the wagon with greens, and, of course, that little Mason is precious. Be careful shoveling - it's one of the few things I've given up since my heart "event." Happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first snow flurries of winter are always the prettiest but the shoveling I can o without. Mason is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason is so adorable. You just want to cuddle with him. Those snow flakes look huge, but light... I hope. We've been watching the snowy weather you're all having on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have good company inside I would stay there. WE are having the event up here..shoveling is a full time hobby lately:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those snowflakes – I wish we would get some this year as it has been two years already since we have seen a day of snow. Today it was 71 and tomorrow should be in the mid-70s, maybe we will be lucky in January. I saw your picture with the Tour Eiffel. At Christmas I miss going back home to Paris. When my mother was alive I used to go every Christmas day – have Christmas here at home on the 24th then fly to Paris on the 25th when it was cheaper as not many people fly that day. But she is gone now (passed away just before Christmas in 2002.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The term "snow event" will catch on soon..People come up with so many new words that some times it is really irritating to hear.

    Stay warm indoor with that precious child :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cynthia! Congratulations you won one of my ornaments! Please contact me at captainconnie2001atyahoodotcom with your snail mail address.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful in every way:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that your grandson? He is adorable. I love the way you embrace the winter!

    ReplyDelete