Sunday, October 30, 2022

BOO!!



  Some of the historic houses in town go all out decorating for Halloween, which is Monday night.



The witches are life-sized, appropriately ugly, and looking right into each others’ eyes as they concoct their spell. 

  Going to be spooky to walk up here after dark!














  More Dark Ladies brewing … mischief?













  This house is just around the corner from us and they always have homemade decorations for each holiday. This year they have the traditional Halloween candy — candy corn — cut from wood and handpainted. 

  This trio of little witches is just down the street. I think they are homemade and quite charming, with their fire pit “cauldron”.


 I like this sentiment. 


  We are ready for trick-or-treaters. Hope we get a few. Traditions are changing and not many go door to door anymore as the churches and social clubs have kind of taken over the holiday. 
🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃

8 comments:

  1. I just filled the basket with candy. We had over 150 stop by last year and expecting that many and more. I have both candy and non candy treats. The latter is part of the Teal Pumpkin program offering treats that are not candy for children with allergies. I plan to give out two candy treats per child so should have enough. Everyone in the township comes to the Flat to do the trick or treating. The police department closes down the road since houses are on both sides of the street. Starts at 5 and goes to 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m wondering if it is just in the South that churches and social clubs like the Moose have taken over with their Trunk or Treat alternative. They have tons of candy, live entertainment, bouncy houses, games etc Much easier than walking the streets in the neighborhood I guess!

      Delete
  2. Amazing decorations. We don't go in for it big time here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people really do go all out for Halloween and must spend a small fortune. There are a few houses in our neighbourhood when the word "overkill" comes to mind! The area where we live is now about thirty-five years old and there are still original residents living here, and those like us who have been here for twenty years, so there are fewer and fewer small children. I don't think our doorbell will ring too frequently tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing all the decorations! I think it is a fun thing for kids to do! I enjoy seeing the trick or treaters we get and we have a lovely warm day...the warmest Halloween in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This "festival" is not held here.
    I do recall years ago in Brisbane some kids coming to the door for "trick or treat".and always when I was pre-occupied
    with news or something, so I was not co-operative!
    Since being in Terrigal, I guess kids have other things to do???? School-work?
    Is it celebrating "THE WITCHES OF SALEM"???
    I have a few of them here where I live - real witches - ha ha.
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to have so much fun during Halloween when we lived in Illinois and the kids were little. We live in an older community now in Hawaii and have very few children or none at all. We did have two this year so perhaps it will pick up next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! I forgot to thank you for all these fun photos. I loved seeing all the Halloween decorations.

    ReplyDelete