Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Surprise

   One of my favorite photographers in the world is Steve McCurry.  There is a human story in every one of his photos, told without a single word. 

   When I discovered he had a blog, I was excited, even more so when I saw that he paired quotes with his photos from all over the world.  
 
   When there is a new posting, I usually save it until a time I can savor every photo.  This morning I sat down with my tea, ready to feast my eyes.  The subject is "One Step At a Time," and as I love to walk, I knew I was in for a treat.
  
   The third photo made me sit up and tell my cat, "Hey, I think I walked on that exact same spot last September!" 

   Here is Steve's photo (and I hope I am not breaking any copyright laws here. I'm not profiting and I'm linking to his blog, and I can't say how much I admire this man's work.).
 
UnitedKingdom-10018_blog
"There is nothing like walking to get the feel of a country. 

A fine landscape is like a piece of music; it must be taken at the right tempo." 
- Paul Scott Mowrer

   Yes, walking is exactly the right tempo for me, to explore another country, to think, to notice, to appreciate.

   This was my photo that morning from the Thames Walk before I figured out how to get down to the water myself. There was a man and his spaniel, which was running up and down the wood and rock structure and jumped in the water for a swim.

Here is the link to Steve's blog.  Take a look.  I hope it will bring you as much enjoyment and food for thought as it does me. 

 
Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  I love to read your comments.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for pointing me in his direction. His photos are breathtaking and deserve time to just admire and reflect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are right about Steve's blog I decided to follow it. Walking, speaking and living with family is the best way to feel the country and its soul.
    Thanks.
    In the picture I can see Saint Paul's Cathedral my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this recommendation - Steve's photos are breathtaking and I love the way he includes quotes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I like Steve Curry too, makes wonderful pictures, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took a look at Steve's blog, he does take a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Thank you for sharing Steve's blog Cynthia,... I had seen some of his work before but never this way. His photos are extraordinary, and the quotes perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did check out his blog - gorgeous! I had a sociology professor in college who said the same thing about walking. It's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up in London, the posh bit but it wasn't then! I had canal trips up the Thames river with the school and we were too afraid to touch the water as our Teacher said there were fish that would bite your fingers off, there wasn't but we didn't know lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to look twice at the photo because at first glance, it looked like the walk I was taking when I met Officer Friendly so long ago: the church, the water the rocks on the near shore in the photo. But then I realized the church did not look oriented in the right direction to be what I was thinking of and realized I was not only thinking of the wrong church and wrong city. I had the wrong continent too. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. His work id brilliant. He sure does tell a story with his photos. Yours is good too.

    ReplyDelete